Covid-19: What You Can Do
Resources for Metal Fab and MFG during Coronavirus
In these uncertain times, we want you to know we are here for you and you can rely on us. Together, we will get through this as a strong and resilient industry.
During this time, we are still running as an essential business here for your machinery and service needs, but we also want to help customers who want questions answered or are looking for action to take.
Read on to find out how you can help yourself, your business and others during this critical time.
Contact Your Elected Officials
Make your voice heard.
- FMA stands up for metal fabricators: Not all fab shops are being considered essential, and this needs to change. Use the letter template in this article to send to your elected officials or find it here.
- Use an automatic template from National Association of Manufacturers
- Advocacy on the Move: Find your local elected officials
FMA is offering free classes to anyone through April 30 typically valued at over $200. Their courses combine traditional live seminars with the flexibility of online learning.
- Intro to Tube Bending Operations
- Shearing Basics
- Math Calculations for Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Fundamentals of Press Brake Operations
- And more!
- If you are a small business owner who has been impacted by COVID-19, read about The CARES Act. This initiative was just passed and includes paycheck protection, loan assistance, debt relief, and even general counseling.
- Disaster Loan Assistance for Small Businesses – how to apply for assistance and more.
How Can My Business Help?
Manufacturers everywhere are doing what they can to provide critical components or assist with PPE.
- Answer the Call for Covid-19 Assistance
- COVID-19 Emergency Supply Sourcing & Manufacturing
- Together for Industry
- Prepare to protect your employees – Guidelines from OHSA
- Don’t forget HIPAA
- Remote Worker Contingency Plan
- Legal Issues: benefits, paid sick leave, time off
Trade Organizations and Associations Here to Help You:
- COVID-19 Resources from NAM (National Manufacturers Association)
- FMA (Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, Int’l) – Exclusive Resources Now Available to Everyone
- Manufacturing Leadership Council
- Manufacturers Resource Center
It’s hard to come by these days! Check out some refreshing perspectives below:
- FMA economist: Turning the coronavirus corner in four to five weeks
- Pulse of the Industry: 20-Second Survey Results Upbeat for End of Year
- Light at the end of COVID-19 tunnel for metal fabricators
Supply Chain Disruptions
Consider “going local” as many conversations are currently taking place about re-shoring.
Contact us today to see how we can be of help to you.